overclocking my gainward nvidia gforce 4 mx420

Reaction score
i think thats wot i have done lol

the are 2 clocks in the performance settings in the xpert tool and i have set these to just before the yellow par on the markers.

has anybody done this and is it worth doing it? i know the card onli has a heat sink so what about heat?

is it safe or does it become unstable if ya whack it up 2 full,cos i feel the card is pretty slow even tho its onli 64mb lol

thanks for the help

(sorry if its in the wrong forum but im new ! !)

Reaction score
That REALLY was not a good idea!

Best to leave at defaults unles you know what you are doing

Still, it didn't catch fire so i guess you got lucky...

Run some games, see if it crashes or gets white dots all over the place, or crashes.

Reaction score
wel ill just turn it down a bit

its not into the red, its still in the green

it says core clock is 282 and the memory is 436 so ill tak it down a bit

the compuer jst feels the same really no differances when playing games. (if there is its not noticable)

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
no kidding, flaming cards are not good for your computer.:D

Reaction score
on that card, your fine at those speeds you had it to, I know from experience, but when you do bump up your speed, make sure you wath your temps... but unless you push high yellow... your not gonna see any diff.

Reaction score
Hmm, maybe not the answer your looking for, but how about a cheap 128mb card?? Usually can find real cheap online, and it should look better than any over clocking done to a 64 MB one.

Reaction score
remember the higher the memory doesent necassarily mean a faster card...though addmittedly anything has got to be faster than an MX420!!!!

Ask a Question