Overclock.co.uk

CSB

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just wanted to tell you all about an odd email I received today, well the story starts with the OEM Windows 7 Pro 64 bit OS Disc which I bought from this site.

Upon opening, I noticed the disc had a fair few circular scratches, the pack was sealed from what I could tell. but I was concerned I could have problems with it in future when trying to install with error reads etc.

So I emailed Overclock and today had a reply back (well was a series of 3 emails but all recieved on the same day), first one was to say they had received my email and plan to get back to you the same day.

Second email is the strange one, they asked me to send them some photos of the damaged disc as they think they could arrange a replacement directly from Microsoft ???. I had the reply below

"Hi Robert Could you send us an image of the disk to (e-mail address removed) please? If the disk is faulty we should be able to order you a replacement from Microsoft directly. Kind Regards Andrew"

Then the third email to correct.

"sorry (e-mail address removed) Kind Regards Andrew Overclock.co.uk"

Hmmmmmm, are they the same company or is this Andrew moonlighting and working for both. I don't know, well I've sent them the photos. when I buy New I expect New so if it don't meet the description, I don't want it.

What's your take on it ?

Rob

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Contact details for each... Looks like they are the same place?

Contact Tekheads

Tekheads.co.uk
Unit 8,
Whisby Way Business Centre
Whisby Way, Lincoln
Lincolnshire, LN6 3LQ

Tel: 0871 529 1200

Address
Overclock.co.uk
Unit 6 Whisby Way Business Centre, Whisby Way Industrial Estate, Lincoln, Lincolnshire LN6 3LQ, UK

CSB

Reaction score
Got to be the same company, I just don't know why they have to pretend to be competitors. Unless it was a take over of some kind a while ago.

Only retailer I'm trusting at the moment is Kustompcs, I've got a Noctua NH-D14 HSF coming from there and the Sabertooth mobo and Asus GTX580 Gfx card.

I finally had confirmation my refund has been action by OCUK today, but of course all I'll get back is £160 as p+p is non returnable, I've not only wasted my time with that shite of a site/staff. But also wasted nearly £20 on postage fees after sending the thing back aswell.

This is my own personal belief, but I believe that the same motherboard I sent back could possibly get sent to another buyer as NEW and they won't even know it's previously been returned.

I will never use OCUK again and I strongly suggest no one else does either, but then I'm sure some people have been happy with their deliveries from them, I just hope those buyers don't mind sending emails to monkeys when they have a problem in future with their shite.

Last edited:

Ask a Question