Date: Tue, 3 Sep 1996 09:25:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: Judith Grobe Sachs <[email protected]>
To: Judith Grobe Sachs <[email protected]>
Subject: A MIME Example

--5494-19501-841=:9866
This is the regular text body of a sample message with MIME.
.... the rest of the plain text body ...

-5494-19501-841=:9866

UklGRrC3AQBBVkkgTElTVNQHAABoZHJsYXZpaDgAAACFRQEAUccAAAAAAAAQ

Peter Foldes

Try setting your Outlook to read in Plain Text or HTML mode. Are you reading in Rich Text mode at present?

Brian Tillman

bulo@office said:
I am using outlook2003 and and just upgrade to window vista

problem :

A friend has sent an email to me and attached a .tif file in it.
When i received the email, i cannot see any attachment.
I can only see a huge of strange digits (no image)in the mail.

This is an indication that the message headers are being misunderstood by
Outlook and so Outlook doesn't realize that there should be an attachment.
In general, I believe this to be a sending problem (i.e., something
happening before Outlook gets the message) and I don't think you'll be able
to address it from your end.

Nonetheless, if you have webmail access to the Inbox on your mail server and
can configure that interface to show you the raw data as it was received,
you may be able to examine the message and determine where the error lies.
I suspect it's an extra blank line somewhere in the headers. A blank line
signals the end of the headers to a receiving mail client, so that even if
more headers follow it, they're interpreted to be in the body of the
message.

bulo@office

I have tried using wordpad to open the mail and found that there are an
extra header at the bottom of the mail, i think this extra header making
outlook2003 misunderstood my mail.......
And the extra header can be found only under vista + outlook2003, it is ok
under xp and 2003.

i have tried to accessed to the web mail and can find the attachment and xp
plus 2003 can decode the mail normally, so i think there is not a sending
problem.