    outlook to disconnect after sending and receiving. I have the "hang up when
    finished with manual send/receive" box checked. Any other ideas? This
    worked fine when I used outlook 2000.

    Guest, Apr 27, 2005

    Make sure Internet Options, Connections tab has the same settings in the
    Advanced settings for your connection.

    Guest, Apr 27, 2005

  3. What connection type is set for your email account?
    Outlook will only manage the Phone Line connection type and only then if you
    have an automatic polling interval set.
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]

    Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook], Apr 27, 2005

    I have the same problem on Outlook 2002. I don't undestand your explanation,
    Mary. I can go to Control Panel/Internet
    Options/Connections/Settings/Advanced Dial-Up (try to connect x times, wait x
    seconds between attempts, etc.) If I then go to e-mail accounts, what you
    find when you look for any kind of "advanced settings" has nothing to do with
    this...

    Guest, Jul 1, 2005

    Hi, i also have the same problem. My connection in outlook is set for phone
    line connection. I have ticked hang up after a send and receive, but still
    wont disconnect.

    Guest, Aug 17, 2005