Outlook stopping mail merge because e-mail address is invalid

J

John

Hi everyone,

I'm using Outlook & Word 2003 to send an email merge to a few thousand clients whose email addresses are being plucked from an Excel spreadsheet. The process works just fine until Outlook comes across a incorrectly typed email address (johnmailto:mad:@yahoo or mailto:[email protected] for example), and it stops the merge to ask what to do about the bad address. Is there any way to prevent Outlook from choking on the bad email address and just send the email regardless if it's a valid address? I want to be able to just let the merge run and not have to babysit it all day long to cancel or correct the bad address.

Does anyone know of a fix or workaround? I know it would be easy to suggest deleting all the bad emails from the spreadsheet but this is a list of over 100,000 addresses and it would take me forever to go through it.

(I'm not spamming anyone either, FYI- these are registered clients who opted in for information.)

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

R

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Not that I've ever seen, but since this is a Word routine that is running,
you might check in the Word mail merge group there to see if anyone has
found a workaround.

Ask a Question