Outlook Outlook: Region disappears when form is sent

Reaction score
Hi,

I have cobbled together a form in Outlook. It works fine when it is loaded, but when it is sent to anyone except for me, the relevant region disappears. It is replaced by a blank (P.2) region...

Does anyone know why this is the case? Two other bits of information:

1. The form can be loaded on any machine and sent fine, it's just when it is opened from someone else's inbox that the region disappears
2. A week ago I sent a test of the form and it opened fine on another machine. I have since edited it and added some code, although only pretty light stuff to do with clicking a button which runs an outlook macro

Any help would be much appreciated.

H

Reaction score
hstaubyn,
Outlook form pages need to be presented. You can see if they are presented if you are in the developer tab- presented pages are not in parenthesis. From the page you want to display select page from the form section on the ribbon and select display this page.
It is also possible the form needs to be published. With forms on the same Exchange system you can publish the form to a folder and select it for default. There was a way in Outlook 2003 to send the definition of the form along with the message, it created a one-off situation.

Steve

Reaction score
Stoneboysteve,

thanks for your reply. The page is presented and I had published it. It now seems to be working - I published it to a public folder and opened it from there on another person's machine. I then re-published it from their computer in that person's personal forms library and now when I send it to them they are able to read it.

So, this appears to be solved.

Ask a Question