Outlook outlook express /wireless

Reaction score
I have recently installed wireless (NETGEAR) and internet explorer (via tiscali) connects fine. However outlook express keeps trying to dial up and wont open? As you can prob tell I'm complete novice at this, what simple thing am I missing?!!

Reaction score
I'm not sure why you cannot open Outlook Express and that could be a problem. I think the setting you are looking for is in Tools > Options - General Tab. About 3/4 of the way down there is a setting of what to do if the computer is not connected. With broadband this needs to be set at Do not connect.

So now how do you get to Tools etc if you cannot open Outlook Express. I'm not sure. Perhaps if you allow OE to make a dial-up connection and then change the settings when it is online?

Reaction score
Sorry I can open the window but because it tries to dial up cant send/receive etc. Do not dial box is checked.

Reaction score
OK. Another possible setting that might be causing the problem. Go to Tools > Accounts and in the properties of your account (in the connection tab) ensure that it is not set to use a particular connection.

Ask a Question