Outlook Outlook Express 6 - problem with synchronizing accounts

Reaction score
Hi

I have just set up Outlook Express and have added my yahoo email account to it.

Unfortunately I forgot to uncheck 'include this account when receiving or synchronizing mail'.

So when I opened up Outlook, ALL of the emails in my Inbox in my Yahoo Account have been transferred into my Outlook Inbox. This is almost 2000 emails. Now my Inbox in my Yahoo account is empty!!

I use my Yahoo email more than Outlook, and I would really love to know if there is a way of transferring all of my Outlook Inbox back into my Yahoo Inbox???

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Reaction score
Hi

Somebody told me that a gmail email account has the facility to retrieve emails from any other account......but I'm not sure how to do this.

My yahoo/Outlook Express is POP3. I think gmail can access both POP3 and IMAP.

I would prefer to have all my emails accessable to me online - even if I have to set up a new email account with gmail to retrieve all of my emails (which are currently in my Outlook Express inbox folder).

Has anybody done this before?

Reaction score
mojouk said:
even if I have to set up a new email account with gmail to retrieve all of my emails (which are currently in my Outlook Express inbox folder).

Once your e-mail has been pulled from yahoo to your Outlook that is it. You can't pull it from Outlook to any other e-mail. Sorry

Ask a Question