Outlook Error: "no such interface supported"

Reaction score
I got the "No such Interface Supported" message after trying to view a picture in the Vista Slide Show gadget, and I also got it when I tried to open an attached picture in Outlook. And I can tell you what I did to get it and and how I got it working again.

My problem started when I deleted MSOffice 2007 Beta from my Vista drive and installed the final version of Office 2007.

I figured it had something to do with the default program for opening the picture. I right-clicked on some other random JPEG, went to "Open With ..." and saw three programs: MS Office Picture Manager, Paint and Windows Photo Gallery. The Gadget had originally been set to open using MS Office Picture Manager, and it was now giving me that message.

So I changed the default opening program to Windows Photo Gallery, which solved the problem.

That allowed me to open an attached picture in Outlook too.

However, I then went back into the random JPEG and changed the default back to MS Office Picture Manager, and that worked too.

I assume it was something to do with deleting the Office Beta and installing the gold code.

Julius H.

Ask a Question