Outlook Outlook Eating CPU in Terminal Server

Reaction score
Hi all,

MSI System Model: MS-7028 BIOS Version: American Megatrends Inc. V3.4 Operating System Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Server 2003, Standard Edition Version: 5.2.3790 Service Pack: 2.0
Capacity: 3 GB
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz Version: x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 1 Speed: 3040 MHz Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz Version: x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 1 Speed: 3040 MHz
Windows Server 2003 SP2 used as a terminal server with outlook 2003 sp3 installed with about 12 clients

There seems to be a problem with outlook as different users will utilise 50% of the CPU at any one time

I know that Outlook when it opens the CPU will spike but should go back correct??

This is a huge problem as the Terminal Server locks for about 5-10 secs and knocks people off!

I have tried reinstalling Outlook with no success

I was going to image the server and try some other hardware just wondering what would be the best and if i would lose any settings as this is a member server and the terminal license server is on the sbs server 2003 sp2

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Newbie :O)

Last edited:

Ask a Question