Outlook Contacts IM address field

I want to use the IM Address field in contacts to add a date. When I export
my contacts to Excel and click on Map Custom Fields, this field name is not
listed in the field mapping column nor is it available to add to field
mapping. In Excel, I wanted to sort information by this field. It appears
that you have developed a field with no user capability. Thanks.

Karl Timmermans

The import/export Wizard hasn't changed much (if at all) since O'2000 and
the IMAddress field only became available starting with O'2002 (XP) which is
why you don't see it in the list. There are 4 other fields that you could
use to accomplish the same thing "User1-4" using what is available (assuming
you are not already using these for other purposes).

Karl
Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group
ContactGenie - Importer 1.3 / DataPorter 2.0 / Exporter
"Power contact importers/exporters for MS Outlook '2000/2007"
http://www.contactgenie.com

"Add IM address field to map custom field" <Add IM address field to map
custom (e-mail address removed)> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...