    --
    Steve Halvorson
    Preferred Credit, Inc

    Steve Halvorson, Jan 4, 2008

  2. Steve Halvorson

    Emily Lin Guest

    Hi Steve,

    With Exchange Cached Mode for Microsoft Outlook, the design goal is to prevent data loss, so that if the Exchange mailbox store
    changes, the OST will not be orphaned as in the past.

    When you choose "cached exchange mode", the messages are stored in the local *.ost file (offline file folder). Please wait for a while
    (10 minutes) to see if the messages are resync in the local ost files.

    If not, the solution to fix this problem is to create a new unique profile. If the user has Outlook in cache mode then disable the cache
    mode and delete any ost files on the system. Create the new profile and have Outlook recreate the ost files new. This is necessary
    since the ost file ties back to the users mailbox and when the mailbox identifiers change these no longer match.

    Related KB artilce:

    870926 Description of Outlook with Cached Exchange Mode in an Exchange Server
    2003 environment
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;870926

    287072 How to Create a New E-mail Profile for Outlook
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;287072

    If anything is unclear or if you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.

    Regards,

    Emily Lin

    Microsoft Online Partner Support
    When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.

    --------------------

    Emily Lin, Jan 7, 2008

  3. Thanks Emily, I was hoping for a way around deleting the ost files - you
    know, a magic button somewhere.
    --
    Steve Halvorson
    Preferred Credit, Inc

    Steve Halvorson, Jan 7, 2008
  4. Steve Halvorson

    Emily Lin Guest

    Hi Steve,

    There is not such a button in Outlook to delete the OST files.

    By default, the ost files are stored in the folder: %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft
    \Outlook\. Please delete the ost files and then create a new outlook profile to fix the issue.

    If anything is unclear or if you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.

    Sincerely,

    Emily Lin,
    Microsoft Online Partner Support

    When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and
    benefit from this issue.

    --------------------

    @TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl>

    Emily Lin, Jan 8, 2008
  5. Steve Halvorson

    Emily Lin Guest

    Hi Steve,

    I am just writing to see how everything is going. If you have any updates or need any further assistance on this issue, please feel free
    to let me know. I am glad to be of assistance. :)

    Sincerely,

    Emily Lin,
    Microsoft Online Partner Support

    When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

    <>

    Emily Lin, Jan 10, 2008