Outlook addin problem

jay.chadderwala

(e-mail address removed) May 17, 8:41 pm show options

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook
From: (e-mail address removed) - Find messages by this author
Date: 17 May 2005 08:11:29 -0700
Subject: Outlook addin problem
original | Remove | Report Abuse

Hello All,

I have created outlook addin for outlook 2000, using ATL,vc++
In that i am importing c:\program files\microsoft
office\office\msoutl9.olb file initially. Which works completely fine.

Now I want to run this outlook addin for outlook 2003. But it will
require c:\program files\microsoft office\office11\msoutl.olb.
with two different paths for 2000 and 2003 respectively, how do i know
which one to import?

How can i do this? Is there a method to achive this ? HOW?
How can i achive this with minimal changes in my addin code.

Thanks in advance.

Jay

Dmitry Streblechenko

The olb file is only required at compile time so that the compiler can
figure out the layout of the COM objects' v-tables and method parameters;
your dll does not link to the olb file in any way at run-time.
The compiled binary should run just fine in Outlook 2003.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/
OutlookSpy - Outlook, CDO
and MAPI Developer Tool