Outlook 2007

WGD

New to Outlook 2007 - up until now, have been an OE user - does OUTLOOK
support newsgroups or am I not paying attention??

For other than contact management, does Outlook offer substantial features
over OE?

Regards,
WayneD

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Newsgroups - no, never has. As for other features, calendar, tasks, collaboration are important things to remember in Outlook. Others can supply more details. What may be important to me may not matter to you so let others give their opinions.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, WGD asked:

| New to Outlook 2007 - up until now, have been an OE user - does
| OUTLOOK support newsgroups or am I not paying attention??
|
| For other than contact management, does Outlook offer substantial
| features over OE?
|
| Regards,
| WayneD

WGD

Thus OE will remain a useful application for newsgroups. OR is there a
better, other solution??

WayneD

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
Newsgroups - no, never has. As for other features, calendar, tasks,
collaboration are important things to remember in Outlook. Others can
supply more details. What may be important to me may not matter to you so
let others give their opinions.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, WGD asked:

| New to Outlook 2007 - up until now, have been an OE user - does
| OUTLOOK support newsgroups or am I not paying attention??
|
| For other than contact management, does Outlook offer substantial
| features over OE?
|
| Regards,
| WayneD

F.H. Muffman

WGD said:
Thus OE will remain a useful application for newsgroups. OR is there a
better, other solution??

Try some other ones out. http://www.newsreaders.com

What you like is really up to you when it comes to newsreaders. Heck, there
are even plug-ins for Outlook to connect to newsgroups, not that any of them
are particularly great.