Outlook 2007 Reading Pane just disappeared

tmanley2000

I'm running Outlook 2007 on XP. Last week my reading pane just
disappeared completely. It's not even blank - just see through to the
previous screen content. It's the same if you use any kind of preview
or if you open the email. Also the same problem with reading and
composing new mail and calendar entries. I know that email is getting
through with the content body intact as I can see the first few lines
on the popup alerts when it is being received.
I have tried the following:
- Reboots
- Uninstalling the latest updates
- Uninstalling and reinstalling MS Office
- Virus checks with McAffee and also Trend Housecall
- Stopping the programme and restarting
- Updating all Outlook Servicepacks
Also tried uninstalling Internet Explorer updates as I thought
(incorrectly) this might be the display engine. I'm stuck. There is
nothing intermittant about this problem, it is ongoing.

Any thoughts?

tmanley2000

Did you try running office diagnostics?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/

Outlook Tips by email:
(e-mail address removed)

(e-mail address removed)

You can access this newsgroup by visitinghttp://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspxor point your
newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

[...]
Any thoughts?- Hide quoted text -

Yes I tried running Diagnostics but nothing showed up.
The reading pane does show the header details but no content from the
body. I can get text into the body of the document by using cut &
paste, then send it to other people who can see it (even though I
cannot see it at any stage in Outlook)

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Do you see the body if you hit forward and/or forward it to yourself?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

(e-mail address removed)

tmanley2000 said:
[...]

cannot see it at any stage in Outlook)- Hide quoted text -

Yes I can reply/ forward etc and will see the body if I look in
webmail but not Outlook. I can type into the blank body area in
Outlook and although I cannot see what is being recorded, it does
capture it and can be seen in webmail when forwarded.

tmanley2000

[...]

capture it and can be seen in webmail when forwarded.- Hide quoted text -

I have now managed to fix this by uninstalling McAffee! Thanks for
your ideas Diane.