Outlook 2007: "Folder is full"

JMfive2one

I am on WIndows Vista and using Outlook 2007. I am getting a "folder is full"
error message whenever I try to delete any email from any folder.

If I try to permanently delete a deleted messahe I am getting " The message
interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart
Outlook."

Roady [MVP]

Which mail account type are you using?
If you're using a pst-file; what is the size of it?

JMfive2one

How can I tell?

I searched for archive.pst and found one that was last updatedin 2005?

Roady [MVP]

Is this a Unicode formatted pst-file?
Choose File-> Data File Management-> Double click the pst-file and look at
the Format section. Is Personal Folders File appended with (97-2003)?

Additionally, empty your Deleted Items folder and scan your pst-file for
errors with scanpst.exe
See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/77

TGeorge

I am having the same problem. My "Personal Folders File" is appended w/
(97-2003) AND I already ran the scanpst.exe. STILL having the same problem.
Please advise.

Gordon

TGeorge said:
I am having the same problem. My "Personal Folders File" is appended w/
(97-2003) AND I already ran the scanpst.exe. STILL having the same
problem.
Please advise.

It should actually be "97-2002" type file. that's NOT a new Unicode file.
Create a new Unicode file, set it as the default delivery location and copy
all your data to it, then close the original pst file.

TGeorge

Sorry, typo on my part. It was (97-2002). Regardless I created a new pst
file.
thanks for the speedy reply.

Mike Bartkoski

I get the message "Folder is Full" when trying to delete a message stuck on my Outbox. No idea why it is sticking. Others still send OK. I am using Outlook 2007 and Vista. This just began a few weeks ago about the same time I synchronized with an iPhone. It does not happen often.

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

And that problem would be? What have you done so far to troubleshoot?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Judy Good asked:

| I am having the same problem. Any help out there?

macy517

I am having the same problem. It has only just started to happen and only
with (so far) 2 x emails in my inbox. I try to delete them and I get a
small dialogue box saying 'The folder is full' and that is all.
Coincidentally both sent from the same person however I have been able to
delete other emails from that person. I too have recently updated and
synched my iPhone.

zuma

same problem here too.
replied to thread above with ppl having similar issues.
why NO fix???

Milly Staples said:
And that problem would be? What have you done so far to troubleshoot?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Judy Good asked:

| I am having the same problem. Any help out there?

zuma

I scanned my pst file with the executable.

Seemed to repair that which was messing me up.

hope ya'll have similar "good" experiences.

Milly Staples said:
And that problem would be? What have you done so far to troubleshoot?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Judy Good asked:

| I am having the same problem. Any help out there?

Laura

When I try to delete a folder or move a folder, I get "Cannot Move The Items.
The Folder is Full". If I try to rename a folder, I get "Cannot rename '<new
folder name>'. The Folder is Full". I get this even with folders that have
nothing in them.

I'm using Outlook 2007 with Windows XP and this just started to happen
yesterday. I do not have an iphone. I rebooted and still have the problem.
Any ideas on what is next?

TIA!
Laura

James N. Willi

I had this problem, too. The solution that worked for me was to hold the SHIFT key down while pressing the DELETE key.

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

I had this problem, too. The solution that worked for me was to hold the
SHIFT key down while pressing the DELETE key.

If you're not using an Exchange account, this is an indication that your PST
may be in trouble, since the message won't move to the Deleted Items folder.
Hpolding Shift while deleting bypasses that folder and simply removes the
item directly. I'd recommend emptying the Deleted Items folder, archiving
older items, then compacting the PST. Running SCANPST.EXE (the Inbox Repair
Tool) on the PST would also be a good idea.

If you are using an Exchange account, perhaps the OST is approaching the 2GB
limit.

VanguardLH

Roman said:
I've successfully solved ...
<Roman replies to a 27-MONTH OLD thread>
<Roman uses Egghead to leech his post to Usenet without proper quoting>
<snipped the garbled mess of non-quoted posts>

Yep, another garbled mess of a reply by using the Usenet-leeching
web-for-boobs gateway at Egghead. And, of course, this Egghead-using
boob can't even bother to notice the datestamps before replying.

Amaury Caballer

Click on outlook while push Ctrl. Outlook open in safe mode and now you can delete all Files and Folders