Outlook 2007: Dynamic image in signature

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I work in a very small office of 6 people. We want to have an image in our signature that has some information about our latest schedule (ie: it has dates that change every week).

I am in charge of updating this image to reflect the most recent schedule, but the problem is making the image appear in everyone's signature.

On Windows Mail (what we used previously), I could edit the .html file for our signature and change the img tag to point to an image on a local server that all the computers are connected to, so that when the image changed, all the signatures would instantly update.

Now that we've all switched to Outlook, I'm trying the same trick. I found the .html file for the signature in AppData\Roaming\MS\Signatures, and I can even edit the img tag same as before, but this causes a few problems:

1) The first email you create after you boot up Outlook gives you a warning message saying "The images for this page are not in their expected location. Do you want to download them anyway?" Clicking Yes gets around the problem, but this would be something we'd have to do every day (or every time we restart Outlook).

That's a minor nuisance for myself, but if this is the solution I present to my bosses it would seem very unprofessional.

2) Outlook seems to download the image in the signature once and keep it in memory as long as the program is open. So if I change the image in the middle of the day (which happens frequently), everyone would have to reboot outlook in order to get their signatures updated with the latest image.

This is unacceptable. I can't very well be going to my bosses and telling them to reboot the program all the time.

This seems like it should be such a simple task, but I can't find a way to make it work.

Does anyone have a solution?

Any and all input is appreciated. Thanks!

Ask a Question