Outlook 2007 'A dialog box is open' Error

J

Jody

I'm hoping to save someone a frustrating morning like I had...

A recent Outlook patch has affected fuctionality for new users. When you try
to configure Outlook for new users, a dialog box pops up asking you to
confirm the user's name. Problem is, the box disappears so quickly you cannot
click through it. From then on, Outlook will not work, claiming an open and
unfindable dialog box.

The fix is either to open something like Word and confirm the dialog box, or
to uninstall the patch.

http://office-outlook.com/outlook-forum/index.php/m/292412/#msg_292412

I hope this helps!

-J

B

Brian

Jody,

Oh my gosh, thank you so much for this post! For the last 12 hours or so I have been trying to solve a problem with Office Live Small Business and the integration with Outlook, Outlook Connector, and Office Live Mail, when I got the following message you mentioned I assumed it was still a problem that I was dealing with the other items I mentioned. After searching this error and finding your post I quickly solved it with the advice you gave. How simple right? If you know what to do that is! It might have been a while before I caught this because I have been so focused just on solving my issue and was not going to open up any other Office programs like you suggested. So now you have helped me get through that little dialog box issue, and now I can go back to trying to solve my greater issue with Office Live Mail, Outlook, and Outlook Connector. Wish me luck :), and thanks again.

Brian

Ask a Question