Outlook 2003 .PST Problem

I have my .pst file on an external drive. On both computers I use I suddenly
cannot open Outlook. I was getting an error saying that the .pst file was
not a mail folder.

I added a new profile on one computer and then tried to open outlook and it
still wouldn't open. I ran the fix repair program and after timing out
several times it went all the way through, only to time out when attempting
to fix.

On the other computer I connected the drive and it now says the path is not
valid. I suspect that the file doesn't close properly before I remove the
drive sometimes because of active sync maybe.

Regardless, it is extremely important that I rescue this information.
Please help.

Vince Averello

It's a long shot but copy the PST to an internal drive on the computer and
run ScanPST on it again.

"Outlook 2003 .PST Problem" <Outlook 2003 .PST
news:D[email protected]...

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

"Outlook 2003 .PST Problem" <Outlook 2003 .PST
I have my .pst file on an external drive. On both computers I use I
suddenly
cannot open Outlook. I was getting an error saying that the .pst file was
not a mail folder.

Typically, once you get this message, your PST is toast. Try a commercial
PST recovery tool. Google can find them for you.
I suspect that the file doesn't close properly before I remove the
drive sometimes because of active sync maybe.

You should ALWAYS guarantee that a PST is closed prior to manipulating it in
Windows or the result you've seen is more probable.