Outlook 2003 internet/exchange account

G

I have come across a situation in OL2003 that I have not encountered in previous versions. Here it is:
I have a POP3 account used for "outside email" and an exchange account used for "inter-office messaging." OL2003 sends all mail through whichever account is specified as "Default." This creates a conflict because if my POP3 account is set as default and I am sending an email inside my office, that email will be routed through the ISP, and therefore has no way of finding my in-office exchange account ([email protected]). If my exchange account is set as default, all mail is routed through my exchange server and therefore people cannot reply to any emails becaue it tries to send them to my exchange account and their ISP's cannont find that account. I know there is a way to manual specify were each individual email goes by using the Accounts drop-down button. That is a hassel especially when previous versions of OL seemed to know which account to send the email through based on who it was sent to. Sorry about the looonnnggg explaination
I hope someone can help.

QuinnD

G

You can click on Send and Receive using... and choose which account to send the email. You can do this without chaning the default.

I don't understand your Exchange configuration. If you can send out with Exchange, you should be able to receive also.

Ask a Question