Outllook 2003 - Cannot Open Attachments

G

George Akers

After upgrading to OL 2003 I find that I can no longer open attachments.
I have to first Save them. I not talking about "Blocked" attachments.
I'm talking about double clicking an attachment and getting a dialog box
with a Save or Cancel option, but no Open option.

Does anyone know how to fix this incredibly annoying behavior?

TIA

G

weird workaround from another place in this list: forward the message, right click on the attachment at the top of the message in the forwarded message pane, click save as, save to a location you can remember,open from that folder.

I finally went in and lowered the security features (tools|options|security|zone setings). There is a download section that by default is disabled. change it to enabled. make sure your antivirus is auto updating and you should be OK.

G

George Akers

Bruce said:
weird workaround from another place in this list: forward the message, right click on the attachment at the top of the message in the forwarded message pane, click save as, save to a location you can remember,open from that folder.
Thanks, but I can do that without forwarding the message. I want to be
able to open it directly from the original without saving it.
I finally went in and lowered the security features (tools|options|security|zone setings). There is a download section that by default is disabled. change it to enabled. make sure your antivirus is auto updating and you should be OK.
I tried that and it didn't solve the problem. But it seems like the
right direction. I need to study the zone sttings some more and see what
I can find.

Thanks.

Ask a Question