    When I start outlook, it tells me that out-of-office is still on.

    I see no error messages, or events; it just does not send the vacation
    message.

    Guest, Mar 4, 2005

    Additional information:
    It DOES send replies to internal users on this exchange server
    but DOES NOT send the out-of-office replies to external users.

    Guest, Mar 4, 2005

  3. This is one of the e-mail loop prevention features in Exchange Server,
    automatic replies and Out of Office messages to the Internet are disabled by
    default in the Internet Mail Service. You can enable either or both by
    bringing up the Properties sheet for the IMS and clicking the "Advanced
    Options' button on the Internet Mail tab. You'll need to stop and restart
    the IMS for the changes to take effect. Note that this opens you up to
    email loops that can bring your Exchange Server to a grinding halt in
    minutes.

    Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE --