    with the printer at all. HP says tha tit is obsolete and wonr work
    with the OS at all. Seems a pity after I have spent numerous years
    trying to get it to work and have finally almost succeeded.

    DManzaluni, Aug 10, 2009

  2. DManzaluni

    DManzaluni Guest

    On Aug 10, 8:45 pm, Matt Broughton <>
    wrote:
    > In article
    > <>,
    >
    >  DManzaluni <> wrote:
    > > Finally managed to get my Photosmart 7550 working but I can only use
    > > it with VMWare Fusion in Leopard under BootCamp

    > > Does anyone have any idea which drivers will work with Leopard please?
    > > Tried googling it and only found a supposedly brand new driver on x-
    > > drivers which works with 10.1.  Even the Panther driver which wont
    > > work with Leopard is newer than that one. It installs but wont work
    > > with the printer at all. HP says tha tit is obsolete and wonr work
    > > with the OS at all.  Seems a pity after I have spent numerous years
    > > trying to get it to work and have finally almost succeeded.

    > Try the Gutenprint drivers from
    > <http://gutenprint.sourceforge.net/MacOSX.php> or the hpijs drivers from
    > <http://openprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-PhotoSmart_7550>
    >
    > --
    > Matt Broughton
    > Only relatives are absolute.

    Thanks Matt, but how do you download this driver? The openprinting
    site says that this works with OSX and somewhere it says that it works
    with Leopard (once you have downloaded ghostscript) but the download
    sends you to an HP site which wont download if you tell it you are
    going to use it with OSX?? I wonder which distro you have to tell HP
    you are using to get the right one to download for Leopard Does it
    install automarically if you download Ghostscript or do you have to go
    to a terminal and type in tar xvfz hplip-3.9.8.tar.gz etc etc etc
    followed by the inevitable error messages you always seem to get in
    Linux if you arent using something which is built into the distro?

    DManzaluni, Aug 11, 2009

  3. DManzaluni

    DManzaluni Guest

    On Aug 11, 9:25 pm, Matt Broughton <>
    wrote:
    > In article
    > <>,

    > > > Try the Gutenprint drivers from
    > > > <http://gutenprint.sourceforge.net/MacOSX.php> or the hpijs drivers from
    > > > <http://openprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-PhotoSmart_7550>

    > > Thanks Matt, but how do you download this driver? The openprinting
    > > site says that this works with OSX and somewhere it says that it works
    > > with Leopard (once you have downloaded ghostscript)  but the download
    > > sends you to an HP site which wont download if you tell it you are
    > > going to use it with OSX?? I wonder which distro you have to tell HP
    > > you are using to get the right one to download for Leopard   Does it
    > > install automarically if you download Ghostscript or do you have to go
    > > to a terminal and type in tar xvfz hplip-3.9.8.tar.gz etc etc etc
    > > followed by the inevitable error messages you always seem to get in
    > > Linux if you arent using something which is built into the distro?

    > I think you would have better luck --and certainly an easier time of
    > it-- if you used the Gutenprint drivers that I listed first.  There is
    > just one installer to download.
    >
    > I gave you the wrong link for the hpijs drivers.  If you want to use the
    > hpijs drivers, use the OS X downloads from
    > <http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/OpenPrinting/MacOSX/hpijs>.
    >
    > --
    > Matt Broughton
    > Only relatives are absolute.- Hide quoted text -

    Yes, the gutenberg drivers are very easy to load and use:
    Unfortunately they print on the printer in about 50dpi and whatever
    setting is used, print a gigantic border around every photo, which
    comes out with a sort of heavy gray cast.

    Cant find anywhere to adjust this, either in photoshop or the printer
    driver which (despite what they say on the site) wont let me adjust
    the resolution.

    (Might have to try struggling with the HPIJS drivers to see if they
    print any better)

    DManzaluni, Aug 12, 2009
  4. DManzaluni

    DManzaluni Guest

    On Aug 12, 11:53 am, DManzaluni <> wrote:
    > On Aug 11, 9:25 pm, Matt Broughton <>
    > wrote:
    >

    > > In article
    > > <>,

    > > > Thanks Matt, but how do you download this driver? The openprinting
    > > > site says that this works with OSX and somewhere it says that it works
    > > > with Leopard (once you have downloaded ghostscript)  but the download
    > > > sends you to an HP site which wont download if you tell it you are
    > > > going to use it with OSX?? I wonder which distro you have to tell HP
    > > > you are using to get the right one to download for Leopard   Does it
    > > > install automarically if you download Ghostscript or do you have to go
    > > > to a terminal and type in tar xvfz hplip-3.9.8.tar.gz etc etc etc
    > > > followed by the inevitable error messages you always seem to get in
    > > > Linux if you arent using something which is built into the distro?

    > > I think you would have better luck --and certainly an easier time of
    > > it-- if you used the Gutenprint drivers that I listed first.  There is
    > > just one installer to download.

    > > I gave you the wrong link for the hpijs drivers.  If you want to use the
    > > hpijs drivers, use the OS X downloads from
    > > <http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/OpenPrinting/MacOSX/hpijs>.

    > > --
    > > Matt Broughton
    > > Only relatives are absolute.- Hide quoted text -

    > Yes, the gutenberg drivers are very easy to load and use:
    > Unfortunately they print on the printer in about 50dpi and whatever
    > setting is used, print a gigantic border around every photo, which
    > comes out with a sort of heavy gray cast.
    >
    > Cant find anywhere to adjust this, either in photoshop or the printer
    > driver which (despite what they say on the site) wont let me adjust
    > the resolution.
    >
    > (Might have to try struggling with the HPIJS drivers to see if they
    > print any better)- Hide quoted text -

    And I am however now getting consistent :"the document failed to
    print" error messages in BootCamp since I installed the Gutenberg
    drivers in OSX!

    DManzaluni, Aug 12, 2009