OST file

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark adkins

I deleted my Exchange mail account because the corporate
exchange server harddrive crashed and I now need access
to my outlook.ost file. I have tried Norton and "recover
my files" with no success. Does anyone have any
suggestions on how to recover the .ost which is 400 MB?
Thank you for your time. - Mark Adkins

Mark Adkins

Fixing this problem is critical to my employment. Can
anyone direct me to someone who may be able to help?

I understand the conversion process but I need to find
the .ost file. Where is it located? I have tried recovery
tools but have not had any luck. Also I looked in
C:\Documents and Settings\Mark Adkins\Application
Data\Microsoft\Outlook but it is not there. Thank you for
any help you can give me.

Brian Tillman

mark adkins said:
I deleted my Exchange mail account because the corporate
exchange server harddrive crashed and I now need access
to my outlook.ost file.

When you delete the Exchange account, the OST goes with it.

Mark Adkins

Thank you both for your information. I have found my 1.1
GB .ost file and have tried to convert it to a .pst using
OST2PST v2.1 but the conversion fails. Do you know any
other converstion tools?

Mark Adkins

I found the 1.1 GB .ost file but when I try to convert it
using OST2PST v2.1 it fails with Internal error
(code=0000000E). When did a search on this error I found
that OST2PST works great, with one exception - Outlook
2003 .ost files. Microsoft changed this and .pst files to
incorporate new features with Outlook 2003. It will begin
the conversion and then crash the process.

Is there a version that works on Outlook 2003 .ost files?

Mark Adkins

All,

In addition to several recovery services for
orphaned .ost files here is program that will convert
Outlook 2003 .ost files to .pst
http://officerecovery.com/download/erdemo.exe

This leaves a very comercial header that you can not
rename but I am so happy to get my data back I do not
care!

Brian Tillman

Mark Adkins said:
I found the 1.1 GB .ost file but when I try to convert it
using OST2PST v2.1 it fails with Internal error
(code=0000000E). When did a search on this error I found
that OST2PST works great, with one exception - Outlook
2003 .ost files. Microsoft changed this and .pst files to
incorporate new features with Outlook 2003. It will begin
the conversion and then crash the process.

2003 OSTs don't have the 2 Gb limitation.

Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I could use some help with the same issue

Mark Adkins said:
I found the 1.1 GB .ost file but when I try to convert it
using OST2PST v2.1 it fails with Internal error
(code=0000000E). When did a search on this error I found
that OST2PST works great, with one exception - Outlook
2003 .ost files. Microsoft changed this and .pst files to
incorporate new features with Outlook 2003. It will begin
the conversion and then crash the process.

Is there a version that works on Outlook 2003 .ost files?

Also make sure you
>check to search for hidden files under advanced

options.

>Francine Otterson
>President, San Diego Outlook User Group
>
>"(e-mail address removed)" wrote:
>
>> I understand the conversion process but I need to find
>> the .ost file. Where is it located? I have tried

recovery
>> tools but have not had any luck. Also I looked in
>> C:\Documents and Settings\Mark Adkins\Application
>> Data\Microsoft\Outlook but it is not there. Thank you

for
>> any help you can give me.

file
>> from .ost to .pst. I
>> >have used ost2pst.exe with success in the past.
>> >
>> >http://www.xcopy32.com/downloads/email/ost2pst.exe
>> >
>> >Francine Otterson
>> >President, San Diego Outlook User Group

>> corporate

>> access

>> and "recover

>> MB?
>> >>
>> >.
>> >

>.

I am having this same problem. I have an ost file and I am attempting to convert it to a pst file so that I can open it in outlook 2003, but using the OST2PST program I also have the program crash and give me the internal error (code=0000000E). I am not sure how to fix this. I really need to convert this file. Has anyone figured out how to do this?

I would really appreciate any help. - Thank you Anna