Optimizing for HTML and plain text in email

I've read all the advice here about email newsletters created in Frontpage.
I understand that those who do not receive html messages would get a plain
text version of the newsletter. What I would like to do, then, is create
just a frontpage, table of contents for a newsletter with links to website
content. But I would want it to look pretty good with some internet linked
images (I get these kinds of things all the time--my telephone bill, Adobe
newsletters, etc). My question is, how do I format/test, etc., to be sure
the message looks good in plain text after I've created it in HTML?

Rob Giordano \(Crash\)

You have to create a plain text message as well otherwise the message will
be seen as the source html (not pretty).

Option: Send a PDF newsletter

| I've read all the advice here about email newsletters created in
Frontpage.
| I understand that those who do not receive html messages would get a plain
| text version of the newsletter. What I would like to do, then, is create
| just a frontpage, table of contents for a newsletter with links to website
| content. But I would want it to look pretty good with some internet
linked
| images (I get these kinds of things all the time--my telephone bill, Adobe
| newsletters, etc). My question is, how do I format/test, etc., to be sure
| the message looks good in plain text after I've created it in HTML?

So in other words, if I send out a HTML message, it will always be "ugly" to
those with a plain text read option?

Chuck Davis

I send an HTML newsletter to 1,480 recipients. It is well received, with no
complaints. Once in a while, I will receive a bounce stating that the
recipient does not accept messages with image. For our Club Newsletter, it
is created in MS Publisher and converted to PDF for distribution to the
membership.
Tom [Pepper] Willett said:
Sure will. I use plain text in all my email, and HTML looks very bad.
--
Tom [Pepper] Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
lifespan said:
So in other words, if I send out a HTML message, it will always be "ugly"
those with a plain text read option?

Rob Giordano \(Crash\)

For our Club Newsletter, it
| is created in MS Publisher and converted to PDF for distribution to the
| membership.

huh? Are you sending it out as html or pdf?