OPINION: Put gallery on home page!!

Reaction score
Hey all!
I Only just discovered the gallery and think it's buried a little here in a single thread. Wouldn't it be a good idea to put a link to it on the home page? I for one would love to see more images, and would like to post the occasional one that relates to other topics. While it's in this thread only, it seems like it's just for examples of the fine art of digital photography and that might be why few people add to it. I'd be interested to see images of people's computer setups, screenshots from games we're playing, as well as shots from different cameras so people can compare them...come on , lets give this a higher profile!!!

Perhaps, say once a month, someone (Quad perhaps?) could name a subject about which people should submit their own photos...could be anything...serious, comic, wierd...innovative...whatever!! Then have a poll and vote for piccy of the month...that would appear on the front page until the next one is chosen.

Bit of a rambling idea I know, but i reckon digital images are some of the most interesting things on the web.

Comments?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
1nteger

Now why didn't Ian think of that?

You’re an asset to this forum and I'm putting your name forward for a promotion. :eek:

All in favour of 1nterger's name on the Mods list ... say so by posting HERE.

Any negative votes will be deleted by me. :D

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Integer,

You always come up with things which make life difficult for me:D :D :D

No objection to anything you say but I want to add something very important.

The images posted would be copyright of the owner and they should not be open to public but just members to see. You can have a link on the Home page for sure but if anyone wants to see the pics they have to register and follow the Terms and Conditions as posted in the forum.

This activity will require a lot of work and it would be very difficult for just me to handle it. Since no one (I hope will oppose your promotion) I would like you to start with being a second mod in that area.

What do you say?

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
By the way Mods would not be allowed to participate in the competition:D :D :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
All sounds good to me :) Just give me the nod :D

(I can't make any major changes to the site until after my university exams, but these things I can do :))

Reaction score
Wouldn't want to make this too complicated for you Quad (or me ;) )...and I'm not looking to become a moderator (but thanks for the thought Mucks :bow: )...

It's just that one of my favourite sites is this one:

http://www.spymac.com/gallery/

I like just browsing the images posted here in different categories...I'm one of those bizarre people that's interested in what others keep in their fridge, how they have their computer set up, what the inside of their PC looks like, and what the sky looked like from their window on a particularly fine day.

Perhaps two galleries...one for Members only and a public 'post anything' one. Leave copyright issues to those posting.

I don't mind helping out with moderating...just let me know what you want me to do. (Would that give me a bit more control over my profile/signature etc?) :confused:

muckshifter

Reaction score
:eek: There are currently 180 users and 750 guests online :eek:

Popular site ... 17,405 registered users, 10,869 posted photos and 83,013 comments 13,033,049 photo views using 4,035.6 MB of disk space. ... that MUST cost an arm & leg in bandwidth?

1nteger ... I'm not twisting you arm, well not by much, but I personaly would like you to ... help out moding here ... you know why. :D

Reaction score
Originally posted by muckshifter
:eek: There are currently 180 users and 750 guests online :eek: ...1nteger ... I'm not twisting you arm, well not by much, but I personaly would like you to ... help out moding here ... you know why. :D

Are those figures right?

I don't mind helping out moderating...but what do I do?

muckshifter

Reaction score
Not much ...

... just do what you've been doing ... but you get a little "power" to correct things that go wrong. :D

Ian ... make this man a mod will you. :bow:

Reaction score
...er...actually chaps, I appreciate the vote of confidence, but I've been thinking about it and I'm happy as I am...while I do tend to check out the forum quite frequently, I prefer to do so as a simple member, rather than a moderator. I'm sure you understand :bow:

Ask a Question