Operating System for AMD Turion x64 2.20 GHz

Can i know what is the best Opearting System for my Processor which is x64
amd 2.20GHz with 4Gb Memory and 200GB HDD.
Currently i am using Home Premium (MS Vista) and i dont see a point using
it any further as the performance is just not upto the mark as its a 32bit
windows so can i know the OS that would give me optimum power.
Thank you

The specifications of your notebook dv6300 :
HP Pavilion dv6000z Entertainm
Genuine WindowsVista HomePremi
AMD Turion(TM) 64 X2 Dual-Core
15.4" WXGABrightViewWidescreen
4GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm
256MB NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) Go
HP Imprint Finish + Microphone
802.11a/b/g WLAN & Bluetooth
200GB 4200RPM SATA Hard Drive
LightScribe Super Multi 8X DVD

Steven L Umbach

Try posting in a more general Windows newsgroup as this one is for Windows
2000 security. Having said that be careful changing the operating system on
a computer that came with Vista already installed - particularly laptops as
it can be difficult to find the drivers you need for all your hardware to
work correctly.

Steve

"AMD Turion x64bit 2.20GHz" <AMD Turion x64bit
news:[email protected]...

Hi Steve,
As i was told not to downgrade to windows XP as my notebook came with
windows vista but I am already having problems with the drivers which i tried
to solve through the help line
well thank you and i will be changing the new group
Thanks
This was a helpful reply

Steven L Umbach

OK and good luck. Possibly restoring the laptop to original factory state
would be worth trying though such a process would delete any of your data
files so you surely would want to do a backup before trying that. I have a
Gateway laptop that came with Vista and I installed XP Pro and it works very
well but it took me a while to find all the drivers that would work. I tried
about a dozen different drivers for audio before I got it to work. Generally
when you have driver issues it is best to start by finding if the
manufacturer of the laptop or maybe the chipset [audio/video] has a newer
version specifically for Vista. You can also try to use the rollback feature
for drivers in Device Manager if you think new drivers are causing a
problem.

Steve

"AMD Turion x64bit 2.20GHz"

Roger Abell [MVP]

Search on the web for terms like "64 bit driver" and you will find
a fair number of sites that exchange info on, and privately altered,
drivers for 64 bit versions of Windows. It is touch and go, and
this is especially true for laptops that ship with 32 bit OS installed,
and also especially true for Vista due to the new driver architecture.
If you can get drivers for the hardware you want available then
by all means running 64 bit OS on 64 bit hardware makes sense.