opening windows mail

NoGeek

I can open Windows Email by just clicking on the email icon under the start
menu w/o needing a password on MY pc, but how can I access my emails from a
different computer? Appreciate some help.

Dave N9

It depends on what protocol your email account(s) use.

Webmail accounts ( Hotmail/Live, Yahoo, Gmail, etc.) are designed to be
accessed from any computer using a web browser. Messages stay on the
server.

IMAP accounts (AOL, Gmail, etc.) are designed to be accessed from any
computer using a client email program (Windows Mail, Outlook, Thunderbird,
etc.). Messages stay on the server.

POP3 accounts (most ISPs, Yahoo Plus, Gmail, etc.) are designed for messages
to be downloaded to a computer using a client email program (Windows Mail,
Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.), then deleted from the server. However, most
can be set to leave the messages on the server for a period of time, so they
can be accessed from another computer.

You also may be able to connect to your computer from another computer,
using remote access software, like Remote Desktop, VNC, LogMeIn, Go to My
PC, etc. But it's not always easy, and your computer and internet
connection must always be on.

--
Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)
"NoGeek" wrote in message

I can open Windows Email by just clicking on the email icon under the start
menu w/o needing a password on MY pc, but how can I access my emails from a
different computer? Appreciate some help.

Gary VanderMolen

Tell us who your mail service provider is, so we can help you further.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)