open new windows doesnt work

James

Help!

When I try to open new windows when I´m surfing it doesnt
work. It just opens a clean window. The new window has
the same background as the homepage before but you cant
use it. Like if the system was stuck but it isnt. The
only way I can open new links in a new window is to open
that window stop and then refresh. But if the window
hasn´t that kind of buttons I´m not able to use that
page...
I dont know how this happened and its very irritating.
Please help me.

James

Kaylene aka Taurarian

First, disable all pop-up stoppers you may have installed.
If this does not help, see:
You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or Nothing Happens After You Click
a Link

Help!

When I try to open new windows when I´m surfing it doesnt
work. It just opens a clean window. The new window has
the same background as the homepage before but you cant
use it. Like if the system was stuck but it isnt. The
only way I can open new links in a new window is to open
that window stop and then refresh. But if the window
hasn´t that kind of buttons I´m not able to use that
page...
I dont know how this happened and its very irritating.
Please help me.

James

Don Varnau

Hi James,
Work through these pages:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679
http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers2.htm#hyperlinks
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers.htm#new_window

Regards,
Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

"James" <thekinese88[at]hotmail.com> wrote in message
Help!

When I try to open new windows when I´m surfing it doesnt
work. It just opens a clean window. The new window has
the same background as the homepage before but you cant
use it. Like if the system was stuck but it isnt. The
only way I can open new links in a new window is to open
that window stop and then refresh. But if the window
hasn´t that kind of buttons I´m not able to use that
page...
I dont know how this happened and its very irritating.
Please help me.

James

Tim P

I had the same problem, and came here looking for help. I
found my solution, but don't know i=f it will help anyone
else.

I noticed that I had a new Yahoo icon, and somehow had a
Yahoo toolbar on the top of my browser window. I did not
install it, so I don;t know how.when it got there. I
uninstalled it, shut down the IE browser, and opened up
IE again. I can now get multiple windows.