Open BCM Files

Reaction score
Hi every one Iam new to this. I have got a program called create a card but on this program the cards and pictures are in the form of BCM files and i am trying to find a program to open these any ideas would be very wellcoming Thanks Dennis

Reaction score
darbon13 said:
Hi every one Iam new to this. I have got a program called create a card but on this program the cards and pictures are in the form of BCM files and i am trying to find a program to open these any ideas would be very wellcoming Thanks Dennis

Hi Darbon...
happywave.gif

Welcome to the forum...
happywave.gif

Erm why can't you open the images with the program ?
Can you supply us with the developer of the program please ? I did a Google search with "Create a card" and came up with a squillion answers, so not sure which is yours..Bit more info on the prog is needed please..

Edit: You could go HERE and download Microsoft Works 9..You will be able to open your BCM files with that without problems. :thumb:

2nd Edit: Ms Outlook will also open Bussiness Contact Manager files...:thumb:

Last edited:
Reaction score
darbon13 said:
the program is american greetings createacard Gold

Try my links to Microsoft Works..I can't find a download link to the prog, which would helpme help you..Again, if the program is creating these BCM files, why is iot not opening them ? Is the prog a trial prog or a ful version ?

Reaction score
Bcm files

The program downloads to my computer but the files will only open from the disc that i got given might be a trial thats why it will only open with the disc do you think but there are loads of stuff that came off the disc onto a folder on my computer they are a bit like clip art but will not open with cip art or any other because they say that they are BCM files
Thanks den

Last edited:
Reaction score
darbon13 said:
The program downloads to my computer but the files will only open from the disc that i got given might be a trial thats why it will only open with the disc do you think but there are loads of stuff that came off the disc onto a folder on my computer they are a bit like clip art but will not open with cip art or any other because they say that they are BCM files
Thanks den

As I posted..Try Microsoft works....

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I have this programme on the other computer. It is made by "Broderbund" but the subsidiaries are "Carlton" and "American Greetings." The software is a bit old now and I don't think it is being made any more - pity, because it was quite a useful programme. Anyway, there is a legacy website where you might find some help HERE

With this programme, it usually saved projects to its own files - meaning you needed to have the programme installed, to be able to open them. With some projects, it was possible to choose the "save as" option, which would allow you to save as jpg or something like that (it's ages since I used it, so memory is a tad rusty, sorry :blush:) But possibly, the link might provide a solution, hope so. :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
darbon13 said:
99% of the time, it is only the original program that will open its own files ... one way of tying you in to their software.

Unless someone has written a converting program, or a viewer, then you is stuck with using the original program.

Follow Taffy's link, it may help.

:user:

Ask a Question