OneCare Deletes Users' Outlook Files

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
oops

A rash of users of Microsoft's new Windows Live OneCare service, launched last January 30, have been reporting on Microsoft's support forums that virus scans performed by the service have resulted in the deletion of their OUTLOOK.PST files - the local, centralized repositories of e-mail, scheduling, and collaboration data used by Outlook.

"This new version of OneCare did the damage to my computer no virus had ever done before," wrote one user last January 25. Since that time, a volunteer Microsoft MVP was struggling to help users cope with not only their deletions, but suggestions and advice from phone-based Microsoft support personnel managed to exacerbate many users' problems, in some instances rendering their Outlook files non-recoverable.
oh dear, I'll stick with what I know.

Full Story

:rolleyes:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Here is the Site I visit every month ... no direct link permitted to the "Comparatives" but take a look via the link on the left.

Oh, and I especially encourage all you AVG nuts to take a peek too ...;)

Ask a Question