One step of macro not always working.

JoeElla

I am not sure if this should be in the macro section, or the module group,
but here goes. I have a macro that runs a series of queries, and code
modules. One of the steps is a customized rounding function. This has all
been running consistently for the last three years. Starting on August 26 I
began to get inconsistent results. Most of the time the rounding function
works just fine, but occasionally this step is just skipped. I can run the
exact same records through the macro again and all is well. Any ideas?

Ken Snell

Can you provide more details? Kinda hard to suggest anything from what
you've posted so far.

JoeElla

Ken,
I would be happy to provide detail. The macro is running in Access97 on
a windows XP machine. The upshot is that a set of records from one table is
massaged in various ways (one of the ways is to run the records through this
rounding functuion) and the results of the process are written to a second
table. There are update and append queries which run in the macro, and all
of them seem to continue to work correctly. The only thing which has been
done to the machine in question is that extra memory has been added some
time before the trouble began.
Ken Snell wrote in message ...

Ken Snell

I appreciate this, but what is the function code that you're running? How
are you calling the function? When you say it's not working correctly, what
does that mean: the value is not rounded at all; the value is rounded
incorrectly; etc.

JoeElla

Ken,
It is a functuion that I wrote. I am calling it from a macro. It is not
rounding at all, but let me add that this is only occuring about 10-15% of
the time. At least 85% of the time the rounding function works perfectly.
I thought that maybe there was something wrong with certain data, but I
resent the same records through the macro and they rounded perfectly. It
acts as though it sometimes skips this step. As I stated earlier, the code
and macro have been working perfectly for several years, and it is run
several times a day, seven days a week. I have not changed the code or
macro.
Ken Snell wrote in message ...

Ken Snell

Without knowing more info about how you call the function, what the function
has (error handling, etc.) as code steps, etc., I just can't tell you what
might be going on. If the code appears to not be called sometimes, I would
look for possible errors that can occur in the data or process that trigger
an error handler (such that code is skipped or bypassed or stopped), etc.

Sorry.