Omega Detonator Drivers Comparison

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Tweakers Asylum have taken an in-depth look at the Omega Detonator Drivers and what exactly makes them tick. Here are a few details:

“This write-up began as a simple exercise of benchmarking the Omega drivers for the Detonator Database. I originally intended to collect my data and let that be the end of the story but while I was running the benchmarks I began to see some disturbing visual behavior from drivers that were supposedly optimized for "quality." A final version and a disclaimer later, the Omega drivers have seen some slight improvements but there is still the question of whether or not the drivers actually offer a significant quality advantage over the stock nVidia competition.”

Read the article here

wildone

King of Modding
Reaction score
Well I can say they are a better quality tweaked driver ,but that you could probably get the same quality out of the Nvidia drivers , but I do have something Xtra for you.I have found through experience(and trust me on this) they are more stable,let me explain.I am an overclocker as you all should know by now , I thought my card was failing on me for the simple fact that it wasnt overclocking like it use to,so for a test I ran 3d mark and it crashed at only 220/500 and when I rebooted XP it says please tell ms etc and that the gf3 ti 200 was at fault for the error , so I installed the omega drivers and was able to run at 230/520 , and it was stable , so I tried my old 22.80's and was able to complete the test without a problem.But it seems that the newer drivers WILL NOT give me the stabilty that the older and the omega drivers give me.I think I will add this to my site later.

wildone

Ask a Question