Old Webpage & Refresh

ma

Hello there.

I have this challenge, and don't know how to handle it.

At home, WinXP (Home) SP2, latest IE, I type a URL
of this page and home page looks latest that it should be.

At work, Win2K SP4, latest IE (6.0.2800 etc), I type
"exact" the same URL and it shows what it looked like
about 2 months ago.

I have cleared the cache by Tools/Internet Options/Delete Files
and checked "delete offline files" and OKed.

Checked Temp folder in C:\Documents and Settings under
any listed user and no occurrence of any reference to this
site or any of its graphic files.

Then I hold "shift" then "refresh" or "ctrl" and "refresh" to
no avail.

I know we are connecting to the Internet via our server.

So, what do I need to do to get this latest version of page
to load in my work-station?

Thanks in advance

Mike

Don Varnau

Hi,
You could try deleting the Temporary Internet Files folder.
See: How To Delete the Internet Explorer Temporary Internet Files:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm You will need to be logged in as
Administrator or another user with admin privileges.

Can you try this page from another computer at work? If you still get the
old page, it's probably being cached (and not refreshed) by the ISP. AOL
caches pages in their servers. I believe that some other large ISPs cache
pages. You might check with support at the ISP.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

ma

Hello,

I already mentioned that I deleted files from Temp folder.

Yes, from another PC at work the same thing happens.
I guess you are right about ISP caching it.

But then why from my home PC with XP I see the latest?
If the culprit is ISP, then it should happen from any PC.

Could it be our server? Our company has its own domain.

Thanks
Mike

ma said:
[...]

If you have admin access to the machine, you could try this command from
Start> Run> cmd [enter]
ipconfig /flushdns
Then clear the Temporary Internet Files and restart.

My recommendation regarding the TIF folder was to delete the FOLDER. A new
one will be created on restart. But if other machines also show the old
version of the page, this isn't likely to help.

Do you have the same Internet Service Provider at home and at work?

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"ma" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

ma

OK, I will delete TIF folder.

I am not in admin group, but have admin rights to local workstation.
I will use the commands you listed (I assume you mean local machine).

No, I do not have the same ISP at home & work.
Actually I don't know who the ISP is at work.

Thanks
Mike

"ma" <DownWith_Spam[at]NoSpam.net> wrote in message
[...]

Yes... You want to delete the TIF folder for your user account.
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm
But, since other machines at work find the same "old" page, I don't think
that this will be the solution.

What's the webpage?

Don Varnau said:
[...]

http://www.brazos-lakes.com/
The above is the link for the page. A home owner living
there had the problem at work so he asked me for solution.
I failed, so I posted here.

I think JAVA app running causes all this. Now I am having
problem clicking hyperlinks on the page in my home PC as
well.
One is supposed to click the link (i.e. "documents") and be
able to get to that page, but it won't happen in my XP Home.

Thanks
Mike

"ma" wrote in message Hello,

[...]

OK. It's probably a Javascript problem.

Some possibilities:
Go to Internet Options> Security> Internet Zone, set it to Default.

Clear the IE cache. IE> Tools> Internet Options> General> Delete
files (and delete offline content when that dialog pops up) It's often
recommended that the TIF folder be kept at about 50 MB (Settings.)

Check any third-party security programs to see if one of them is blocking
scripts, scripting, active content. Norton Internet Security and a number of
other programs can be configured to block scripts.

Try these two commands from Start> Run> cmd [enter]
regsvr32 vbscript.dll [enter]
regsvr32 jscript.dll [enter]

Reinstall the scripting engine. Go to
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/webdev.asp
for the appropriate download of Windows Script 5.6

"ma" wrote in message Hello,

[...]

Your suggestions did wonders at work.
I can see the latest page layout (flushdns did it).

I am at work now, so I will follow your suggestions
when I get home.

But, meanwhile, THANK you so much for your
dedicated un-selfish help.

Mike