Old Calendar Items going to Deleted Items?

Over the last couple of months, I have been finding hundreds of old
appointments from my calendar in my deleted items. All of the archiving is
set to off as I want to keep my calendar and contacts forever. What could be
causing this?

Thanks!

Winfred Weng [MSFT]

Hi there,

Thank you for posting here!

Based on the symptom of this issue, I recommend that we go to Tools menu ->
Options -> the Other tab -> AutoArchive, and double confirm the Run
AutoArchive is turned off. If so, please let me know if you are using
Exchange Server account or Internet email account in Outlook.

If this is an Exchange server environment, this issue may occur if Mailbox
Management is configured on the Exchange Server side. Mailbox Management is
a kind of recipient policies to automatically process the contents of
users' mailboxes, such as e-mail notification and automatic deletion of
unwanted messages. Please check (or you may need to contact the
Administrator of Exchange Server) if it is this case your end.

You can refer to the following Microsoft KB article for more information:

319188 How to use recipient policies to control mailboxes in Exchange 2000
and
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=319188

If we determine that this issue is not caused by this reason, my research
shows that this issue may occur due to some third party conflicts. Please
start Outlook Safe Mode to test the issue. Outlook Safe Mode will disable
all extensions, corrupted resources, files, registries, or templates.

1. Click Start, and then click Run
2. Type "Outlook.exe /safe" and click OK. (Without quotation marks but
there is a space in front of "/")

Also I suggest that we follow the steps below to manually disable all the
third party add-ins in Outlook. In this way we check if this issue is
caused by the conflicts between Outlook and some third party add-ins.

1. Start Outlook and choose Tools -> Options.
2. On the Other tab, click Advanced Options.
3. Click Add-In Manager... and COM Add-Ins...
4. Click to clear all the checkboxes in the list.
5. Click OK three times to close the Options.
6. Restart Outlook.

I hope the information above is helpful.

Please try the suggestions above and let me know the results at your
earliest convenience. I'm looking forward to your reply.

Have a good day!

Thanks & regards,

Winfred Weng
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone
support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down"
situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all
Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Canada.

This and other support options are available here:

BCPS:
https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469
Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/

Support page:
http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx

The auto archive was check for every 14 days but the Calendar folder is set
to not archive and this is stuff from 2003 that is all of a sudden appearing
in my deleted folder. I have Outlook 2003 and Exchange 5.5. The data files
are stored in a local PST file. I have turned the auto archive off and will
see if the problem goes away.

Thanks.

From: "=?Utf-8?B?UmVuZWU=?=" <[email protected]>
Subject: Old Calendar Items going to Deleted Items?
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 13:27:02 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general

Over the last couple of months, I have been finding hundreds of old
appointments from my calendar in my deleted items. All of the archiving is
set to off as I want to keep my calendar and contacts forever. What could be
causing this?

Thanks!

Winfred Weng [MSFT]

Hi there,

Thank you for posting back! I'm sorry for any delay due to the weekend.

Based on my experience, since we have turned off AutoArchive on the
Calendar folder, normally Outlook will archive Calendar data, even if the
default AutoArchive (Tools menu -> Options -> the Other tab -> AutoArchive)
is selected. Also, since the data is stored in local .pst file, the Mailbox
Management is not the cause of this issue. Regarding the current situation,
please take your time to monitor this issue. If it still occurs, I would
suggest that we try the following steps as I provided in my last reply:

1. First, please manually disable all third party add-ins in Outlook.
2. Then start Outlook in Safe Mode and monitor if this issue still occurs.

Please feel free to come back in touch again if you have any updates on
this issue.