OL2003: OPS + CIW not capturing/providing all required settings for default profiles

G

Greetings, all

I am trying to create an MST by capturing Office 2003 settings with the Profile Wizard, and then further customizing with the Custom Installation Wizard. All of the Outlook 2003 settings I want from the [Tools -> Options] dialog are captured successfully every time, but settings pertaining to the Exchange profile are not capturing or setting properly

TRYING TO DISABLE CACHED EXCHANGE MODE

All LAN clients are not to cache thier Exchange mailbox locally. I have cleared the "Use Cached Exchange Mode" checkbox found in [Tools -> E-mail accounts -> View or Change existing e-mail accounts -> Change]. I have also gone into [More Settings -> Advanced -> Offline Folder File Settings] and disabled offline files. On page 18/24 in the CIW, I have left "Do not configure Cached Exchange Mode" selected and the cache still becomes enabled for new profiles. On the same page, I have also tried selecting "Configure Cached Exchange Mode" and deselecting "Use Cached Exchange Mode" and the cache still becomes enabled for my default profiles. I have also configured options on CIW page 10/24 and tried both [Outlook 2003 -> Tools | E-mail accounts -> Cached Exchange Mode -> Disable Cached Exchange Mode on new profiles] and [Outlook 2003 -> Tools | E-mail accounts -> Exchange settings -> OST Creation] and Outlook still enables cached mode by default on my new profiles. I think Microsoft has to bring this scenario to the test lab and prove that it actually works, because I have not been able to disable Cached Exchange Mode, regardless of the different combinations of CIW settings that I have tried. I get the feeling that Microsoft didn't think that anyone would want to turn this feature off

TRYING TO ADD THE OUTLOOK ADDRESS BOOK

On CIW page 19/24 I have added an OAB to be attached to the local Outlook profiles when they are created. In all of my tests I have had to manually add the OAB after I install with my transform. I have added the OAB to the profile that I am using to capture my OPS, and have the Address Book ordered to resolve names through the GAL and then through Contacts. These address book settings are not being reproduced in the transform installation, and configuring the OAB on page 19/24 seems to have no effect. From what I have read so far, no one else has been very successful in getting this to work either

Has anyone else been successful with what I am trying to accomplish here? Is there an update coming soon to the Office 2003 ORK to address these issues? Any information is greatly appreciated

- Steven

G

Discovered the source of the problem. If Office has been installed and the Default Profile is overwritten, the CIW will not change the defaut behaviours. I had to wipe the system and start a new master from scratch, made sure all defaults for the user profile were complete, update the Default Profile, and THEN install Office with the OPS and MST. Now everything works. However, I still wish the CIW overwrote the Default Profile settings even after I have made changes post-Office install.

Ask a Question