Office XP SP redeployment not working throught GPO

Bruce Musgrove

I Integrated the Office XP service pak with my admin install point, than
redeployed it in GPO.

It works but it appears to only install if I log into the machines as a
domain admin. Users, even users who have been given local admin rights, do
not get the redeployment package. I have verfied they have access rights to
the GPO. Any Ideas?

After the users logon can they go to the share and run the install/msi?
Does that work properly?
That is usually the easiest way to determine if its a rights/permissions or
a group policy problem.
Since it seems to be working with a domain admin acct the I would suspect
user rights on the machine.
Do you have any policies that would allow a domain admin but not local admin
specific "user rights" in group policy?

Bruce Musgrove

Yes. In fact they can see it and run it in the add remove programs (this is
published not assigned)

I was wondering if it was only re-deploying to the user that did the initial
install in the machine? The accoubt this happens on is the one that I used
for the initial setup of each computer.

--
James Brandt [MSFT]

message news:u1CHJg%[email protected]...