Off-topic - but can someone help with PDFs exe files?

Alpha

Totally off-topic - my apologies - but does anyone know how to convert *.exe
PDF files to standard *.pdf files?
I recall there was a freeware/shareware utility to do that but cannot
remember what and where it was.
TIA.
Alpha
-------

db ´¯`·.. >

I'm not sure if you can
convert .exe files into pdf's,

unless you are trying to have
pdf's launch upon receipt.

but the above is best left for
the user to have a pdf reader
installed.

in any case, you can
"create pdf's" with a
freeware like primo pdf.

you can also search for
the above quoted criterion.
--

db·´¯`·...¸><)))º>

"Alpha" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
news:#[email protected]...

Daave

Alpha said:
Totally off-topic - my apologies - but does anyone know how to convert
*.exe
PDF files to standard *.pdf files?
I recall there was a freeware/shareware utility to do that but cannot
remember what and where it was.

What do you mean by the phrase "*.exe PDF files"? Can you provide an
example?

Pegasus \(MVP\)

Alpha said:
Totally off-topic - my apologies - but does anyone know how to convert
*.exe
PDF files to standard *.pdf files?
I recall there was a freeware/shareware utility to do that but cannot
remember what and where it was.
TIA.
Alpha
-------

Perhaps you mean "how to convert a text document into a .pdf file". If so
then googling for "pdf converter" would help. I have used PDF995 for several
years. It's not free but very low in cost. You can get it from here:
(e-mail address removed). No doubt other products will provide similar
functionality.

Alpha

My response at bottom:
Alpha said:
Totally off-topic - my apologies - but does anyone know how to convert
*.exe
PDF files to standard *.pdf files?
I recall there was a freeware/shareware utility to do that but cannot
remember what and where it was.
TIA.
Alpha

By *.exe file I mean those ebooks that open by themselves.
I actually now realize that these may not be classifiable as PDF documents
but may be any document that has been somehow presented in a self-displaying
*.exe file.
Alpha
-------

Paul

Alpha said:
My response at bottom:

By *.exe file I mean those ebooks that open by themselves.
I actually now realize that these may not be classifiable as PDF documents
but may be any document that has been somehow presented in a self-displaying
*.exe file.
Alpha

Try opening it with 7ZIP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7zip

7ZIP is used for file compression and decompression. If your .exe
file is a self extracting decompressor of some sort, there
is a remote possibility 7ZIP can decompress it and give you
the payload. But once you have the payload, there is no way
to know what form it is in. Being an ebook, it could be
encrypted and not a vanilla PDF. (For experiments of this
sort, I also keep handy a hex editor, and check the beginning
of the file, to see if it has a format I recognize. For example,
a PDF might begin with %PDF- )

Paul