OE download headers only - how??

In OE theHELP says yu can set the inbox to DL headers only. HOW? I can find
the 'folders' list page but can not find 'settings' for say the inbox. when
on dialup i want to set it toDL headers only, then i could delete the message
or choose to DL the whole message. How do we set this up in OE?

PA Bear

The Headers Only option is available for (1) IMAP mail, (2) HTTP mail, and
(3) newsgroups. It is /not/ available for POP3 mail.
--
OE-specific newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Andrew Murray

I assume this is for *newsgroups*not your standard POP3 email account?

Choose the news server for the group you're wanting to download headers
only.

There will be a list of all the subscribed NG's on that particular server eg
msnews.microsoft.com will contain this windowsxp.general and others.

Either Right click the group, then go to Synchronisation Settings, and
choose "Headers Only".

OR

Go to the list with the three buttons "Synchronise Account",
"Newsgroups...", "Settings".

Click "Settings" then choose "Headers Only".

V Green

If you want to get POP3 headers only, use nPOP:

http://www.nakka.com/soft/npop/index_eng.html

This is what I use when getting email off my Globalstar
satphone (9600 bps) out in the middle of nowhere.
Small, fast, does what it's supposed to do. Does NOT
interact with OEX at all, so you can run them on the
same machine. I delete crap with nPOP, and view/answer
plain text email with it. It can handle attachments, but
not as easily as OEX. After cleaning up with nPOP, I
can run OEX to deal with stuff that's left.

You can configure it to d/l headers only, or header and
a set amt. of the beginning of the msg. so you can get a
better clue what it's about.

OEX won't do what you want...