Obviously a scam

Reaction score
I got a dodgy email into my spam today.
The long and short of it was an offer of 5 and a half million US dollars:eek:...i know, its unbelievable.

The reason i'm posting this is so evry body knows these mails are going around and that we all need to be careful.
I will search out the relevant people and report this but just wanted to let ya's know.

Reaction score
i get at least two to three of these a week. what i love about gmail is you can filter and forward there own message back to the sender...
captain zed said:
I got a dodgy email into my spam today.
The long and short of it was an offer of 5 and a half million US dollars:eek:...i know, its unbelievable.

The reason i'm posting this is so evry body knows these mails are going around and that we all need to be careful.
I will search out the relevant people and report this but just wanted to let ya's know.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, I get tons of those - in fact I just opened up my Inbox and I have one now (although I didn't win as much fake money as you!):

Dear Winner,

This is to inform you of the release of the E-MAIL LOTTERY BALLOT INTERNATIONAL/WORLD GAMING BOARD. Your name attached to ticket number 219028657434 with Serial number

918735625 drew the lucky numbers of 21-70-81-82-99, which consequently won the lottery in the 1st category.

You have just won yourself the sum of € 615,810,00euros (SIX HUNDRED AND FIFTEEN THOUSAND, EIGHT HUNDRED AND TEN EUROS) in the satellite software email lottery conducted by EURO MILLION E-MAIL INTERNATIONAL,

in which e-mail addresses are picked randomly by software powered by the Internet. Your email address was amongst those chosen in this quarter. Be advised to keep your winning information confidential until your claims have been processed and your money remitted to you. This is part of our security protocol to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this programme. For the release of your winning, you are to contact our CLAIMS OFFICER with the information below for Clearance.

I don't think I'll be claiming it :lol:

Reaction score
I think we should start a thread where people can post their fake Lotto winning e-mails etc..Should be fun..I have had 2 of MS this week telling me I have won their Lotto.....
laughingsmiley.gif

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
13 million euros on the Eurolottery two weeks after my missus "won" 12 million euros. :nod:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I haven't had one of those for ages. I only get a few spam e-mails a day now, Mailwasher is a good thing :thumb:

A guy at Icrontic Forums ran a wonderful thread a few years back winding up Nigerian scammers. He had them send photographs of themselves to him holding signs which typically read 'I am Bgomo Nazdem and I am a prize W****R'.

Most excellent.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
harlieladi said:
i get at least two to three of these a week. what i love about gmail is you can filter and forward there own message back to the sender...

Fancy giving us a walk through on how to do this.
nod.gif

Ask a Question