Nvidia Overclocking Utility

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Hey all,

Was looking on the net like mad man for a decent Nvidia graphics card overclocking utility. Couldnt find one anywhere, I tried googling and it just come up with old dead links :(.

Well I posted a queary on a modding forum and someone replied with this link .

Now I dont really like playing with the registery, let alone editing it. But I gave it a try anyway, and I must say im very impressed, god only knows why nvidia dont offer this option without having to edit the registery. One of the most simple card overclocking utilitys ive ever used.

So if theres anyone out there with an Nvidia card and would like to tweak it abit, just try it.

Look how simple it is ;).

attachment.php

Attachments

• Nvidia Overclocking Utility..JPG
    Nvidia Overclocking Utility..JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 13,646

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Looks good, reef.

I remember using a small 'tweak' a self-executing file, that opened up the overclocking facilities within the Nvidia control panel.

Perhaps it just does what you've had to manually do in the registry.

I used it to get my FX5900 up to 5950 speed, it worked a treat. I no longer have the 5900, but my daughter's machine has an FX5700, 256Mb, VIVO, maybe I'll try it on that.

I shall have a look for that tweak I used if you like, I have it on a backup DVD somewhere, wouldn't take long to find it.

Reaction score
similar to the Omega ones, except the omega one has the option to "Test the speeds" and also force the fan to "Always on"

Reaction score
Well.... iv had that "coolbits" tweak for a wee while and iv just finished pounding my card at care=500, memory= 476. Couldnt finish any benchmarks, was getting too hot. But it nearly finished! A wee bit more cooling and i`ll be there. Will finish at a core speed of 450MHz, and my card is an Nvidia 5700, so, Flops.... theres some numbers for you to beat :)

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Hey Reef, i gave it a try and it works nicely. changed my Core clock speed from 390 to 450!
now that i under stand it more, i changed the speeds to 470! alls stable too!

Last edited:

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Yup, its a great utility, but make sure your card isnt getting too hot, could cause some long term damage to the performance. I have the luxury of keeping an eye out on the temprature of my card as it has a built in heat sensor :D.

Its still weird that Nvidia had it kinda locked/hidden though :/.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
no kidding, hey what do you thing the safe temp should be?

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Well GPU's always operate hotter than CPU's , and there supposed to be fine with anything under 80c. Seems abit high for me though, i'd probably be shutting down and giving my computer a rest at 70c.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Kenny said:
Well.... iv had that "coolbits" tweak for a wee while and iv just finished pounding my card at care=500, memory= 476. Couldnt finish any benchmarks, was getting too hot. But it nearly finished! A wee bit more cooling and i`ll be there. Will finish at a core speed of 450MHz, and my card is an Nvidia 5700, so, Flops.... theres some numbers for you to beat :)
Actually, I just realised it's an FX5600 - oops :blush:

It's running fine, most demanding games she plays are Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and Sims 2, so not much point in messin' with it really.

Ask a Question