NVIDIA confirms G92 close to 1TFlop in 4Q07

Reaction score
Christ :eek:

How scary is that thing hammering away in your system?

It means the CPU will be seriously, seriously bottlenecking the system though even with quad core or whatever.

Going to cost a bomob too I guess.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
True an oced c2d at around 3ghz is where you will see the true power of an 8800GTX, anything less and its bottlenecking the card...

Reaction score
To be honest though.

What is the point?

Its a useless, pointless engineering excercise (spelling? :)).

Nobody, anywhere, except maybe ubelievably complex CAD programs will ever need that much graphics power.

Perhaps, much like the clock speed battles that have just finished between CPUs, we have reached saturation point, and manufacturers will start to go down a different path altogether with graphics chips.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i dont see the point in this either PG, i use a program called CATIA for my uni course which is a pretty awesome piece of CAD software, all the big car and aeroplane manufacturers use it for designing etc

now i have a copy of this installed on my home PC and this has a middle of the road 7600GS in it which manages fine with all of the models that i'v had to make so i'm not entirely sure what difference you would see if any with that card

Ask a Question