NVIDIA 6800

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Hardware' started by Bill, Jun 20, 2006.

  1. Bill

    Bill Guest

    Bill, Jun 20, 2006

  2. Bill

    Mitch _A Guest

    I used that 88.61 and it seemed to cause many more issues than the default
    driver.

    Mitch _A, Jun 20, 2006

  3. Bill

    Bill Guest

    That's what I got - don't seem to have any problems - SO FAR. It may be my
    imagination, but the monitor seems brighter after the driver update.

    Bill, Jun 20, 2006
  4. Bill

    Zack Uribe Guest

    I have been using the 88.61 drivers on both x86(since Beta2 openened-660gt
    AGP) and 64bit(today-7600GT-PCI-E) with no problems. I am using the Nforce
    drivers for my motherboard(sound/NIC) under 64bit also.

    Zack Uribe, Jun 20, 2006
  5. Bill

    Guest Guest

    Hi, I'm using NVIDIA 6800 and when I boot, there's a strange problem. The
    DVI-port works fine, until the grey-scale windows loading is complete, then
    the screen goes blank. It works in safe mode though. I just tried the DSUB
    port instead, that worked fine, and with both cables plugged to the screen
    windows says it finds 2 displays in the start, but in display properties, I
    just find one. I tried to install the NVIDIA drivers in safe mode, but now
    windows uses the old VGA driver because of that the NVIDIA driver is too old.
    What should I do?

    Guest, Jun 20, 2006
  6. Bill

    Guest Guest

    I have the same problem. Default drivers work, Can't uprade to the 88.61
    drivers I get the black screen and have to reboot with Last Known Config. For
    that matter I don't seem to be able to upgrade any new drivers, Sound, Raid,
    Video two unknown devices. After all the time Microsoft has had in developing
    this product you would think that their Betas would be a bit smoother and
    more fuctional. I can't imagine them getting this software out to the market
    by Jan with all these problems resolved.

    Guest, Jul 12, 2006
  7. Bill

    Guest Guest

    You actually don't have to boot to last known good config, if you have an
    analouge port, DSUB to connect to your screen. It worked for me, but the
    problem is too big anyway.. I agree, it will be exciting to see Vista
    actually working well in Jan...

    Guest, Jul 12, 2006