    burns every other time!

    I can't change the format of the incoming text file. I have tried every way
    around this i can think of....please can anyone help!

    Emma Hope, Jul 30, 2009

  2. Emma Hope

    Dale Fye Guest

    Emma,

    What is the structure of the incoming text file, fixed width fields or
    delimited?

    Are you using an import specification? If not, you really ought to try
    doing that, you can get there in the import wizard. With the import spec,
    you can define the data types of each field. Otherwise, Access will try to
    determine this based on the content of the first few record (I think it is 25
    rows) in the input file. Occassionally, Access gets this wrong (integer
    instead of long integer).

    ----
    HTH
    Dale