    Kaynell Guest

    I thought if I typed the first few numbers I could click and drag and it
    would fill in the other cells with the following numbers.

    Kaynell, Sep 10, 2009

  2. Kaynell

    Chip Pearson Guest

    Enter 1 in a cell and then a 2 in the cell below. Select both cells,
    and drag "fill handle" down as far as you want to go. The fill handle
    is the little black box in the lower-right corner of the selection
    boundary box. You must drag the fill handle itself, not just the
    selection border.

    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
    Excel Product Group, 1998 - 2009
    Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
    www.cpearson.com
    (email on web site)

    Chip Pearson, Sep 10, 2009

  3. Kaynell

    KC Guest

    Kaynell,
    after you drag, release the mouse button and wait near the last cell, you
    should get an "Auto Fill Option" at bottom right corner of the cell, and if
    you drop down that option you get 4 options to choose, you can choose "Fill
    Series".
    would this help?

    -kc

    KC, Sep 10, 2009
  4. Kaynell

    Luke M Guest

    Type the number 1 into a cell. Then, position mouse over bottom right corner
    until you see a + symbol. Right-click and drag down. Release button, choose
    "fill series".
    --
    Best Regards,

    Luke M

    Luke M, Sep 10, 2009
  5. Kaynell

    EricG Guest

    Or, just type 1 in the first cell. While holding the CTRL key down, click
    and drag the "fill handle" in the lower right corner of the cell. Excel will
    increment the numbers as you drag.

    HTH,

    Eric

    EricG, Sep 10, 2009