nuisance e-mail bombardment

Reaction score
I have wanadoo broadband, symantec Internet security, ad-aware se, and spybot. I scan and update regularly.But I also am experiencing a bombardment of anything from4 to 6 e-mails a day for a few weeks now,in the same format but with different senders' names informing me of this amazing opportunity to invest in shares. I have blocked sender, I have replied with words that convey my feelings and have taken down the domain addresses when they are returned via the mail daemon or postmaster. I have requested help from wanadoo and Norton and they seem powerless. Any advice other than change my internet provider and therefore my e-mail address and all that inconvenience that this would cause?
Any advice?

Reaction score
When they appear just delte them without opening them most people get spam it's just one of the joy's of the internet & email.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Spam email is one of todays scourges I'm afraid, everytime you give your address over to a third party there is a risk it can be passed on to one of the many spamming lists that are sold to unscrupulous companies around the world.

Also openly posting you email address on the net can leave yourself open to 'bot' harvesting, also some just guess addresses in the hope of a hit.

One way to reduce the risk to your primary email address, is to have a second one which you use on sites, answering ads etc, which you can then change in the future.

One thing you must NEVER do is reply to one as you have done, as it merely identifies an active address, and will result in more.

I use a program called Mailwasher, which lets me look at my waiting emails on the server without downloading them , and allows me to bounce them back to the sender as if my address does not exist - after a few occasions they then give up and remove you from their list.

Reaction score
All the suggestions above will help, however the number you get is not large today - I get 75+ per day of offers of everything under the sun. Segregate them to a Spam folder, give them a single quick scan through once a day in case something you want has gone into Spam and delete the lot with one click. Good Luck.

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Would agree with Adywebb, Mailwasher is da shiznit :)

It's free for one e-mail account and around $30.00 for unlimited e-mail accounts.

I've been using it a couple of years now and it works.

Reaction score
Thanks for that I will try mailwasher. I have spam filtering and I usually get loads of mail going straight into that but these are coming from "so called individuals" all with different addresses. Its infuriating to have to deal with so many. Having a second address is something I will also try.
Many Thanks

Reaction score
i hate spam, but them i'm a veggie

I have several different email accounts, some aimed for friends & family and othes just for junk. That way it limits the junk i get to my main accounts. If it is junk or spam i just delete it straight away :D :wave:

Ask a Question