NTLDR

T

Terry Nippard

Hi All,

I have just recently completed data recovery and reconfiguring of my system Pentium lll 650Mhz, 360MB RAM, Win XP Pro, SP1, withIE6, and OE6 after being unable to log on. It's been working great.

Last night I booted up after some time away and was met during start up with the message "NTLDR is missing" and couldn't boot, being stalled at the DOS prompt.

I loaded the floppy boot disk and while booting progressed, I was met with another message following the text "A:\ Key cf,,Keybrd3.sys". The message stated that the keyboard code was invalid. I've abandoned it while I set up internet service on the system I'm using currently, with Win 98, Pentium ll, 128MB, so that I could access support.

Can anyone tell me what I should do? I went to the Windows Support 5 site, entered "NTLDR is missing" for search but when given a link to follow, couldn't and can't get to it. I've tried everything I could think of several times but to no avail. I just get "This page cannot be displayed." However, I'll continue trying while I await a response from this forum.

Also, out of respect for those not who would prefer Plain Text in posts to this forum, could you please tell me the preferred text format, whether Plain or HTML. I have a rough time reading emails in Plain text but will respect the forum's wishes.

Thank you,
Terry

L

lvee

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314057

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320397

Hi All,

I have just recently completed data recovery and reconfiguring of my system Pentium lll 650Mhz, 360MB RAM, Win XP Pro, SP1, withIE6, and OE6 after being unable to log on. It's been working great.

Last night I booted up after some time away and was met during start up with the message "NTLDR is missing" and couldn't boot, being stalled at the DOS prompt.

I loaded the floppy boot disk and while booting progressed, I was met with another message following the text "A:\ Key cf,,Keybrd3.sys". The message stated that the keyboard code was invalid. I've abandoned it while I set up internet service on the system I'm using currently, with Win 98, Pentium ll, 128MB, so that I could access support.

Can anyone tell me what I should do? I went to the Windows Support 5 site, entered "NTLDR is missing" for search but when given a link to follow, couldn't and can't get to it. I've tried everything I could think of several times but to no avail. I just get "This page cannot be displayed." However, I'll continue trying while I await a response from this forum.

Also, out of respect for those not who would prefer Plain Text in posts to this forum, could you please tell me the preferred text format, whether Plain or HTML. I have a rough time reading emails in Plain text but will respect the forum's wishes.

Thank you,
Terry

T

Terry Nippard

Thanks for your response Ivee. Since starting this thread I've spoken to Microsoft Support on telephone but, on top of not getting anywhere due to my hearing impairment and the heavily-accented gentleman sincerely trying to help, my phone seems to be having a hard time as well. No success.

I checked out the two URLs you provided and it seems I need to acquire the Bcupdate 2 Utility. I know it's all probably due to my own cyber shortcomings but I haven't been able to track down the source of the utility despite following the threads of URLs and pointers provided. I just need to know the right place to order it at the moment.

I'm reminded of the old saying, "It never rains but it pours". The difficulties seem to be coming all at once.

Thank you,
Terry

U

Unsure

Hi ... Have a look at this site and see if it help

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000465.htm

-----Original Message-----
Thanks for your response Ivee. Since starting this
thread I've spoken to Microsoft Support on telephone but,
on top of not getting anywhere due to my hearing
impairment and the heavily-accented gentleman sincerely
trying to help, my phone seems to be having a hard time
as well. No success.
I checked out the two URLs you provided and it seems I
need to acquire the Bcupdate 2 Utility. I know it's all
probably due to my own cyber shortcomings but I haven't
been able to track down the source of the utility despite
following the threads of URLs and pointers provided. I
just need to know the right place to order it at the
moment.
I'm reminded of the old saying, "It never rains but it
pours". The difficulties seem to be coming all at once.

Ask a Question