Nothing at all really

Reaction score
Does anyone here like U2....they're playing live in Dublin the past weekend and tonight is the Finale.
Anyhoo me GF has gone to the finale and i'm left to me own devices.
And what am i doing i hear you ask.
I'm checking out PC review and having an early one. These 12 hour shifts are killing me.
They're calling the gig 360 cos the stage can be seen from all angles. I hear its outta this world.
The gig is in croke park and there's been 85 and 83 thousand people there the last 2 gigs. Eu 90 a ticket. Thats a lotta dosh folks.
The assessor was out and i'm getting new floors and carpet. The walls have to be replastered and painted. Next doors gaff is totally destroyed. Somehow their cistern developed a crack After arriving home after their holidays the house was un-liveable, so they had to go to a hotel. They didnt seem to care about my house, really.;)
Ok i was bored.....i'll finish me coffee and go to bed.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I hope your GF enjoyed the gig Zed. :thumb:

Glad to hear you will be able to replace your floors, carpet and damaged walls. Will you be able to make a start on that fairly soon do you think? Sounds like a pretty big job.

Wow, how can people be so laid-back? I would be mortified to hear that so much damage had been caused to a neighbour's home, through something which had gone wrong in our's. I appreciate that it might possibly have been "beyond their control" but even so, a bit of concern, or an apology wouldn't have gone amiss, would it? :nod:

How is it going with the hypnotherapy project? ... or should I maybe not ask? Hope it is progressing well for you. :)

Reaction score
Taffycat said:
I hope your GF enjoyed the gig Zed. :thumb:

Glad to hear you will be able to replace your floors, carpet and damaged walls. Will you be able to make a start on that fairly soon do you think? Sounds like a pretty big job.

Wow, how can people be so laid-back? I would be mortified to hear that so much damage had been caused to a neighbour's home, through something which had gone wrong in our's. I appreciate that it might possibly have been "beyond their control" but even so, a bit of concern, or an apology wouldn't have gone amiss, would it?
nod.gif

How is it going with the hypnotherapy project? ... or should I maybe not ask? Hope it is progressing well for you. :)

Hi Taffy,
I have dropped from nearly 40 a day to about 16-17. Every time ip ick one up i am disgusted with myself. I have definitely had a change in attitude. The girl who is looking after me will be back from hols on the 12th of august....i have 2 cd's to listen to while relaxing....time will tell. I'm not in a hurry really...which is a bit worying LOL

Zzzzz

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Well Cap'n it sounds as if you are going in the right direction :thumb: I'd say your achievement so far, is deserving of a "well done" too!

Folks are not all the same, so perhaps you are not an "overnight giver-upper" but more of a "reduce it gradually" kind of man.

Also, remembering that I was (and still am) dealing with a migraine problem, not a smoking one - I found that the hypnotherapy kicked-in over a few weeks. I listened to my CD a couple of times each week, for about a month - maybe a little more. Then I really began to feel a very big difference. So maybe by the time your girlfriend returns, you'll have got there.

Good luck. :D

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Hey Z, glad to hear that you've managed to reduce the smokes. I take it that you don't have any kids. If that is so then it's a pity cos I used to get people giving up smoking to put a small picture of the kids INSIDE the cig packet so that every time they opened it they saw their kids and it was a great incentive to not smoke.

If your girlfriend is a non smoker you could always use a photo of her, particularly if she really objects to the smoke. If she is a smoker then it might have to be someone else but the closer you are to someone the better it works. :thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Good on you mate :) That's over half your daily intake gone already!

Reaction score
Taffycat said:
Well Cap'n it sounds as if you are going in the right direction :thumb: I'd say your achievement so far, is deserving of a "well done" too!

Folks are not all the same, so perhaps you are not an "overnight giver-upper" but more of a "reduce it gradually" kind of man.

Also, remembering that I was (and still am) dealing with a migraine problem, not a smoking one - I found that the hypnotherapy kicked-in over a few weeks. I listened to my CD a couple of times each week, for about a month - maybe a little more. Then I really began to feel a very big difference. So maybe by the time your girlfriend returns, you'll have got there.

Good luck. :D

Hi Taffy
happywave.gif

Just wanted to clear up some confusion i caused in my previous post LOL
The girl who is looking after me is the hypno therapist - not to be mistaken for my girlfriend.
No harm done though. I'll keep listening to the cd's, one of which is called "commitment" and the other is called "Velvet Breathing". It supposed to help combat cravings in your hour of need LOL
And Nivrip my gf does smoke so that doesn't apply to me.Good idea thought
nod.gif

Thanks Ian for the encouragement ;)

Zzzzz

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Woops! Sorry Zed got that a bit wrong didn't I :blush: I'm rather good at confusion - it's how I earned my nickname many moons ago :lol:

Reaction score
captain zed said:
Hi Taffy,
I have dropped from nearly 40 a day to about 16-17. Every time ip ick one up i am disgusted with myself. I have definitely had a change in attitude.

Zzzzz

Good on ya Zed, keep it up and you will beet it...:thumb:

Reaction score
captain zed said:
Thanks MadX,

I just have to stay as positive as i can.

Zzzzz

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face... The danger lies in refusing to face the fear, in not daring to come to grips with it... You must make yourself succeed every time. You must do the thing you think you cannot do