    I want to use the new feature of Notepad in XP, "Go to".
    The option is always grayed out. I really wan this
    feature. How do I get it to work.

    yi3artist, Jul 4, 2003

  2. yi3artist

    MagicRavi Guest

    Hi,

    the option "Go To" will be enabled only if the word wrap option is disabled.
    Go to the format menu and disable the word wrap option, now the "Go to"
    option will be enabled.
    to go to a specific line

    1.. On the Edit menu, click Go To.
    2.. In Goto line, type the line number you want the cursor to jump to.
    Notes

    a.. You do not have to have line numbers in your document for this command
    to work.
    b.. Lines are counted down the left margin beginning at the top of the
    document.
    Regards

    Ravickumar M
    Microsoft MVP [XP] | WWISA - Practicing Member

    MagicRavi, Jul 4, 2003
  3. yi3artist

    Ken Blake Guest

    "yi3artist" <> wrote in message

    > I want to use the new feature of Notepad in XP, "Go to".
    > The option is always grayed out. I really wan this
    > feature. How do I get it to work.

    I've never had occasion to use this, and actually didn't even
    know it was there. But I just played with it and can report that
    "Go to" is grayed out when word-wrap is turned on, and available
    when word-wrap is turned off.

    --
    Ken Blake
    Please reply to the newsgroup