Windows XP Norton360 or Office2003 issue

Reaction score
Just upgraded to Norton360 2.4.0.4. Now, Every time I launch an Office app, I have to kill that process in taskmanager before I can relaunch......especially Outlook, which is a royal PITA. I disabled all the features of Norton360, restarted, but it still does it. Used Spysweep and NAV to scan, thinking maybe the upgrade infected me, but both come up clean. I disabled Spysweep, thinking there was a conflict with Norton. No such luck. Did everything short of removing the program, which I am about a day or short of just going ahead and doing. Anyone know of anything ?? MS hasn't answered my questions. Norton said that since disabling the features didn't solve the problem, it wasn't their issue. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions ??

Bueller ?? Bueller ?? (sorry - couldn't help myself......).........

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to PCR :wave:

Get rid of Norton, go with Kaspersky or ESET Nod32 for antivirus, you can get free 30 day trials of both, just uninstall then reinstall every 29 days takes two minutes and they are highly recommended here.

Superantispyware, malwarebytes are also good.

Its probably just Norton its the worst out there.

Reaction score
I have had a similar problem in the past when I was using Norton 360..For near on a year something would go wrong anytime I tried using any MS application...No solution was ever found until the day I switched to Kasperski..Problem solved..The problem has never reered its head since..My advice would be to get rid of Norton and use Kasperski..You can get it for as little as £11.99 at some places now

Reaction score
Thank you all. Confirmed my suspicions. Will try and reply again with results.

Ask a Question